Our Winning Culture defines the approach and performance that is required of each stakeholder in order to continue the development of our vision.
- Bronze Circle of Quality with ExceleRate Illinois - (2017)
- Agency Accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities – May 2015
- Best Practice Award – Voted most comprehensive after school program in the state of Illinois by the After School Alliance Network (2010)
- National City Bank Children's Champion Award Finalist – Recognized for commitment to youth in Kankakee, Il. (2007)
- Governor's Cup Award – Recognized for volunteer hours provided to families in Kankakee County (2004)
- Governor's Home Town Award – Recognized for volunteer hours provided to families in Kankakee County (2004)
- State Legislative Recognition – President Michael J. Madigan, Speaker of the House, honored Garden of Prayer Youth Center with House Resolution 629. This resolution commended GOPYC for continuous services provided families in need (2002)
- Program Excellence Award – Department of Children and Family Services for "My Second Home" program. (2000)
Garden of Prayer Youth Center has many memberships and affiliations within the Kankakee County community, including Teen REACH, Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Human Services, Child Care Resource and Referral of Joliet, Grundy Livingston and Kankakee Counties Workforce Board, American Camp Association, the Southwest Organizing Project, and the Regional Office of Education.
Garden of Prayer Youth Center is proud to announce that we are members of Kankakee United which is an "organization, titled Cities United, was founded in 2011 by Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter and New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu in an effort to bring together cities to reduce homicides in half by 2025".
Visit Cities United on the web- http://citiesunited.org/